Admission to the First Year B.Com / BBA is open to candidates who have passed any one of the following Examinations :
- The Pre-University Examination conducted by PU Board or any other University or board accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- The Higher Secondary Examination [Academic or Vocational Stream] conducted by the Government of any State/ Union Territory or an Examination accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, University of Madras.
- The Senior School Certificate Examination [XII Standard] conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education held in 1979 or thereafter provided that they have been declared to have passed the examinations in not less then 5 subjects of which ENGLISH shall be one.
- The Indian School Certificate Examination [12 Years] conducted by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination held in 1977 or thereafter, provided that they have been declared to have attained the pass standard in the examinations in not less than 5 subjects of which ENGLISH shall be one.
- Those who have passed the Plus Two examinations of the National Open School, New Delhi.
- Candidates who have successfully completed 12 or 13 years of education in any State in India or Abroad under 11+1 or 10+2 or 11+2 pattern, subject to approval by the authorities of the University of Madras
- Candidates who have successfully completed the Second Year Foundation Course of the Open University System of the Madurai-Kamaraj and Annamalai Universities.
- Candidates who have successfully passed the Three Year Diploma Examinations conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, after passing 10th Standard Examination.
- Candidates who have passed the G.C.E. [Advanced Level / Principal Level] with not less than 3 subjects in the ‘A’ Level with ENGLISH in the ‘O’ Level / SUBSIDIARY Level.
Note: There should be a minimum gap of two clear years between the date of appearance in the examination in which the candidate has passed the S.S.L.C. [X Standard] and Higher Secondary Examination (+2) or any other equilavent Examination as prescribed in the Prospectus for joining the First Year of Degree Course.